Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tequila

From Mainland MEX

Quick update

We are now in our 5th Mexican state, Jalisco. Jalisco is the only state where agave is grown, and hence, its most definitely tequila country here. After the climb out of Ixlan del Rio, we are now following long valleys full of agave azul. Beautiful plant cultivated in beautiful rows.

Just as I got off the internet from updating the blog yesterday, I found Lisa being interviewed by a reporter. Francisco worked for the local paper and is writing an article on our journey to be published tomorrow. He took our picture, and enjoyed talking to us (and we enjoyed talking to him) about how we liked Mexico and it´s people.
From Mainland MEX


Tomorrow afternoon we´ll be in Guadalajara for a few days with a guy lined up from warmshowers.org.

From Mainland MEX

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the trip is going great...I'm here at the RUCK. Just when things start to get boring TW and I were wishing you were here to do something exciting. Well you weren't so I took it upon myself to start farting just to rile people up. The onion is here too and he's sauced!

    Hasta!

    ReplyDelete